Have you ever wondered what life is like for dogs living in remote indigenous communities across Australia?
In this episode, dog trainer and dog behaviourist, Lara Shannon visits the Top End of Australia and meets with Yolgnu man, Jeremiah Larrwanbuy Baker to hear about the role the dog plays in indigenous culture and the challenges facing remote communities when it comes to pet care.
Plus, many more dog training tips, dog health and dog grooming advice with Lara and Veterinarian, Dr Melissa Meehan, along with guest Vet, Dr Edward Bassingthwaighte aka The Healing Vet.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Dogs in Australian indigenous culture
- Dog dental care tips and why anaesthetic is used in dog dental surgery
- Teething puppies: expert dog tips to help
- Grooming tips for different dog breeds and coat types
- Chihuahua breed profile, and
- Doggy dementia: symptoms and treatment